Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Th Flying Petals

Two yellowish ordinary butterflies,
Tiny, like petals of flowers when they fly
Their wings blow soft wind to the sides
Piercing among the light green leaves of Akasia.
I see them, this morning.
Calm, cloudy day.

I met them, once,
Whitish, in my back yard.
A small square of earth stage.
Where the snake berries blanket it.
They danced gracefully like ballerinas in limelight.
I feared a little for them,
After all, Harlem and Jimmy were there,
Lurking behind the pot of tall cactus.

The garden is their resting place
But not their destination.
I can provide little for them
They provide more to me
A stranger invisible to them
Yet vivid in their mind.

White, yellow, I already seen them,
When will black, blue, green, red or purple I encounter.
I am waiting…

No comments: