Wednesday, July 18, 2007

A Letter to the Sunflower

Dear Miss Sunflower,

Yesterday, I dreamt about you. You were smiling the whole day like the golden round-faced sun. I wonder, don’t you ever get tired of smiling all the time? You were so glad seeing the sun, as if he is your source of happiness. I’ve never liked the sun, in fact I dreaded him. He makes my skins burnt and my eyes hurt.

Today, a friend of mine gave me stalks of your friends. Holding them in my arms is as if I am embracing the sun. There is no pain and no fear but delight and joy. I look up and see the sun smiling down on me with your friends and I smiling back at him.

Tomorrow, I will run in the fields of sunflowers under the sun. I will lie in the sun till the sun goes home. I will sleep beside the sunflowers until the summer comes to chase us away.

No comments: