Wednesday, July 18, 2007

A Letter to the Wind

Dear Mr. Wind,

Glad you’re still around, no matter when you’re in good or bad mood. The sun’s been working extra hard these days, I wonder if he needs money to buy a new hat. I would definitely need one whenever I go out or else I’ll be dyed to brown. So, Mr. Wind, if you see me walking down the street, please do not blow my hat away.

I know you have been kind to me all this while. You never lift my skirt up; but just sway it gently as if I’m dancing like a ballerina. If you still remember, you were the one that flew my kite up to the blue sky. Luke was hopeless; he only made the kite fell back to the ground. Plus, if I feel bored, you will just softly nudge me with your invisible hands.


I understand sometimes you get angry too. It’s all right. I don’t blame you when you rip off my tightly pegged clothes to the next door, or mess with my hair when I’m in my best or kick the sand into my eyes.


I always know where you are although I can’t see you. You are there, when the trees wave, the grass swing and the flowers dance. You are everywhere, everywhere, and everywhere.


I’m going to the beach today, with my kite and Luke. Hope to see you there. You know, I can never count on Luke to fly the kite.

No comments: